Why Water Matters
The fact is when your body is dehydrated it can lead to a whole bunch of negative symptoms. In fact, I believe that many minor health issues could be reduced or even eliminated by glugging down the H2o.
Sh*tty Symptoms Caused by Dehydration
- Fatigue – Recent studies found that young guns (aka high energy lads and chicks in their 20’s) who were mildly dehydrated were much more likely to feel fatigued during moderate exercise and even when sedentary. Unsurprisingly, fatigue is said to be the #1 cause of midday fatigue.
- Foggy Memory + Irritability – Even mild dehydration has been shown to put stress on our cognitive abilities. It’s linked to a dip in concentration and short-term memory, and an increase in feelings of anxiety and irritability. Aka feelings of blah.
- Headaches – You know those betchy headaches where movement seems to aggravate them and make the pain worse. You can thank dehydration (and/or the extra bottle of Rosé you glugged down).
- Unexplained Hunger – You ever get real hangry even though you’ve just savagely ate a meal? Most likely you are just dehydrated. Hunger and thirst trigger the same types of signals in your brain and can confuse the hell out of you.
- Pain and Muscle Cramps – This usually happens when you are working out and sweating your face off. As you continue to lose water and electrolytes during your workout, your body becomes depleted. Your body starts aching because it is craving the electrolytes, sodium, and potassium that dripped away through your sweat.
So how do you make sure you don’t feel like hate throughout the day. You can start by chugging down water. But there is a quicker way.
I started using this stuff called Liquid IV after I read that 1 packet can provide the same hydration as drinking 2-3 bottles of water.
The Science Behind Liquid IV
- Using a specific ratio of potassium, sodium, and glucose water and other key nutrients are delivered directly to your bloodstream
- It allows water to be absorbed in the upper digestive tract instead of passing through the entire digestive system (which is what frequently happens with regular water)
- One packet contains 5 essential vitamins that replenish and restore the body’s normal vitamin levels for a healthy recovery. This powerful formula includes 110% daily value of vitamins C, B3, B5, B6, and B12.
Here’s the deal, I’ve tried it, and I freaking love it. I even went so far as to get mildly (ok let’s lay it all out here, SUPER) wasted and only used a packet of Liquid IV. Within an hour I was teaching a yoga class to a group of friends instead of crying in the shower.