Healthy Travel Tips
- Pack Snacks Like a Strategic Snake
- Bring a big ass purse as your carryon and always pack a bag of nuts, a ripe avocado/salt/veggies, and fruit of some sort (a green apple, cherries, or banana are the easiest to transport and nosh on). Knowing I have food already prepped keeps my craving for airport crap at bay. Other healthy options include hummus, protein balls, nut butter, kale chips, spring rolls, or lentils.
- Stretch Like Nobodies Watching (Although Everyone Is)
- I stopped giving a sh*t what people thought of me a long time ago and it’s time that you do the same. I don’t care if I look like a wanna-be Summer Sanders, before boarding you will always find me stretching. Some warrior 1 and 2, backbends, basically anything that doesn’t include hands on the gross floor (leave downward dog for the bedroom and planks for a yoga mat).
- Don’t Drink like an A-Hole, Drink like You’d Imagine TSwift Does
- Can you imagine that bubbly fit blonde b*tch chugging beer, slurring for 3 extra bottles while asking the person next to her if they are going to finish their captain and coke. Hells no! She’s sticking to vodka/water/lime or rose with at least 3 additional waters during the duration. Do the same.
- Zen out with Your Pen Out
- Staying healthy isn’t just about choosing the best food and beverage. It’s also about relaxing your mind and generating a chill demeanor through stress reducing techniques (deep, I know). Knowing this, I never hop on a plane without an old school pen and paper. I use most of the flight to free write my feelings, goals, and anything that is nagging at me. It’s almost as if I am psychoanalyzing my own sexy self through an in-depth dialogue between my soul and the universe. Try it, I’m telling you it’s a game changer.
- Pre and Post Plans are More Important Than Destination Itineraries
- I used to say, “Ugh I always get sick when I travel! My immune system must be crazy low or something.” The truth is, I just didn’t plan my pre and post travel routine properly. Before you step on that plane, make sure to drink like a fish (water that is) and eat as clean as an overly bleached surgeons hand at least 3 days beforehand. Also, don’t schedule a ton of work and to-do’s the day you get back. Allow yourself one extra day of vacay to sleep, put things away, and eat detoxifying foods like veggies, protein, and quinoa. It’s called a ‘mental health day’, and it’s all the rage.
So pack your bags and ginormous sun hat, you are ready to travel while still abiding by the healthy routine that gives you pride. But don’t be too strict with yourself. Celebrate at your destination with a glass of champagne. Or two. And say yes to that local staring at you across the bar. You know the mofo has abs of steel. Plus a romance fueled romp-fest burns more calories than a spin class.
Happy Healthy Travel Adventures 😉