I recently posted about Aloe Vera and the hows/whys/whats of using it (if you haven’t read it yet, hop to it chickedy, check it out HERE). Now I want to share with you the delicious detox smoothie I made incorporating it. Stupidly delicious and healthy all in one.
You now know after reading my prior post that aloe vera is incredibly detoxifying and assists in keeping your skin clear, losing weight, increase your immunity, and anti-inflammatory. But it tastes bitter as all hell, so your best bet is blending it into a detox smoothie with extra tasty items.
Strawberry Aloe Vera Detox Smoothie Ingredients
- 1-inch piece fresh aloe vera
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 4 strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- Use a high powered blender (if you don’t have a Vitamix yet, get on it. It’s the best blender on the market and you will use it more often than your car) and blend that sh*t for 10 seconds
- Drink that detox smoothie through a straw, because it’s super cute
Aloe Vera Detox Smoothie Health Benefits
- The Digestive Systems Bestie – It’s known to soothe and cleanse the digestive tract.
- Healing Assistant – It helps heal wounds and is great for applying topically to burns, abrasions, psoriasis, and even to bug bites.
- Super Detoxifyer – Aloe moves through the intestinal tract absorbing toxins along the way.
- Tons O’ Vitamins – Aloe Vera is also one of the few plants that contain vitamin B12.
- Hydrater – Due to aloe’s high water content (over 99% water) it is a great way to hydrate.
- Immune System Booster – Aloe vera is a well-known adaptogen, aka boosting the body’s natural ability to adapt to external changes and resist illness.
- Reduced Muscle Pain – Aloe Vera helps to slow down or inhibit inflammation, helping with painful joints due to stiffness.