Watermelon Love for the Skeptics
Did you know watermelon is mostly water – about 92%? Super sexy agua that tastes like a unicorn made love with a fairy and they had a dreamy sweet pink love child.
Can I also point out it is visually stunning? It truly is the best Insta partner. Gives your feed a pop of color and your body necessary health benefits.
- Throw watermelon (sans rind), some lime juice, and ice into a blender and let that thing rip. It truly is that simple, even a one-armed monkey could make this – no excuses for those who say they, “can’t cook”.
- Peel a cucumber, chop some watermelon, dice red onion, grind on salt/pepper, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with feta.
- Your first bite will be life changing. You may be in such a flavor focused mindset you forget your kids in the bathtub. You’ve been warned.
- Similar to the slushy take watermelon, lime, and some water (sparkling or filtered), blend that b*tch, pour into popsicle molds, freeze for a few hours.
- This will be your new fav hot summer treat or bedroom tool with your man – I went there, I absolutely went there.
Stats for the Way-Cool Watermelon
- Watermelon has more lycopene than raw tomatoes – and in case you aren’t a rocket scientist or Nutritionist, ‘lycopene’ is a powerful carotenoid antioxidant that has anti-cancerous properties.
- Watermelon juice relieves muscle soreness – a recent study showed bros who drank it before a workout felt like the Hulk afterward with little to no pain. Their wording may have been a tad different.
- Helps you hydrate which is crazy important considering 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated – not messing with you, this is fo’ real.
- The citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of fat in our fat cells – meaning chow on this pre-bikini season.
- The vitamin C content in watermelon is astoundingly high, assisting in upping your immune system (a necessity for my chronic disease warriors).